Additional information on child protection and the impact of COVID-19
- Child Protection Scotland - During the pandemic, many children and young people have spent more time online than usual. Sadly, more time online has increased the risk of online exploitation and abuse, making it more important than ever to protect children from online abusers.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): supplementary national child protection guidance - Guidance for Chief Officers, Chief Social Work Officers and Child Protection Committees on the continuity of services.
- Domestic Abuse information for educators - As a result of the COVID-19 lockdown measures, children and young people experiencing domestic abuse are at increased levels of risk.
- Registration of independent schools: guidance for proprietors overseeing child protection and safeguarding arrangements - Guidance for proprietors who are obliged to ensure that their school is appropriately resourced and structured to safeguard the welfare of learners. This guidance has been developed in consultation with a number of stakeholders to support good practice in schools.
- Safeguarding: identify, understand and respond appropriately to sexual behaviours in young people - This page has been developed & updated with Covid-19 information to provide staff working with children and young people with information about how to identify, understand and respond appropriately to sexual behaviours in young people.
- Safeguarding - Prevent radicalisation and extremism - Sets out the national Prevent overview and provides information on the additional radicalisations risks for children and young people along with recommended actions and professional learning for educators.
- Safeguarding - Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) - This page provides an overview of CSE and what guidance and support is available with children potentially being more at risk of sexual harm than ever. They are isolated from traditional support networks and many are exposed to greater risks online or in their own homes.
- Safeguarding - Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) - This resource provides a brief description of what is meant by the term child sexual abuse (CSA) and provides guidance and support for senior leaders and practitioners.
- Psychological wellbeing advice pack for supporting Ukrainian families, host families, and professionals - Ukraine refugee psychological wellbeing pack: guidance for services - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)