PDF file: Kinross Primary school (568 KB)
Zipped file: Kinross Primary tracking documents (1.3 MB)
Explore this exemplar
What was done?
Our Skills Progression Framework involves P1-P7 (Nursery 2018/19) recognising and celebrating Wider Achievements, Early to Second Level. This includes:
- Higher Order Thinking Skills are embedded as core practice across all classes and planning
- Whole school skills progression framework is linked to the Skills for Learning, Life and Work (SLLW)
- All wider achievements are tracked and linked to SLLW
- Planning across all stages has a focus on SLLW for each interdisciplinary learning topic
- Employability skills are promoted and linked with parental engagement.
What was the impact?
The aim was for learners to have a real depth of understanding of the skills required to fully participate and contribute to society and to widen their horizons in terms of career pathways and positive destinations. To achieve this, a strategic overview is key. There needs to be a clear implementation plan which focusses on consistency. Start small and build each year, involving staff, parents and learners in the strategic direction.
This has resulted in partnerships with these local businesses or organisations:
- Robertson’s Construction
- Balfour Beatty
- Community Potager Garden
- Broke Not Broken
- Le Jardin (local café)
- Todd and Duncan
- Kinross Museum
- Local dentist
- Kinross High School